Confetti Cake Throw

August 1, 2011

As I was making this blanket, I was reminded of confetti angel food cakes, thus the Confetti Cake Throw was born. Of course, with a different kind of yarn, it might not look very confetti-like, but with Sensations Tropics Multi, it has that sweet vibe. PDF: Confetti Throw.

Finished size: approximately, 52″ x 39″

Materials:

18 ounces Sensations Tropics Multi OR any bulky multi-colored yarn

16 ounces off white worsted weight

US 17 circular needles (24″ will do)

Directions:

Holding one strand of multi-colored yarn and one off white strand together, cast on 80 stitches.

Rows 1-8: knit across

Row 9: knit across

Row 10: K 8, P to last 8 stitches, K 8

Rows 11-14: repeat rows 9-10 two times

Row 15-18: knit across

Repeat rows 9 – 18 twelve times, ending with row 14.

Knit 9 rows. Bind off.

1. Helen Joy Hilsen permalink
    February 18, 2013 11:27 pm

I`m questioning the # 17 size circular needles recommended for this pattern. It looks like a tighter weave in the picture then what that size would produce.

February 19, 2013 8:38 am

No, I used #17 (12.5mm).

2. Kathryn permalink
    September 22, 2012 7:41 pm

can you do this without the off white yarn? im using a very dark yarn and i dont think it would look good.

September 24, 2012 9:35 am

When combining two very contrasting yarns, the effect will be tweed. It can look great, if that’s the look you’re going for. If not, then I’d chose two colors that get lost into each other. So, say you’re using a dark variegated yarn, you might want to choose a yarn color very similar to one of the colors in the variegated one.

3. Kelli permalink
    June 18, 2012 9:52 am

i made this as my first blanket for my boyfriend and he loved it! SO easy!

4. Sharon permalink
    August 7, 2011 9:49 am

Wow! Your throw is absolutely gorgeous! Great job!

• Maven permalink*
      August 8, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks Sharon! My nephew, Gavin, whom I gave it to, seemed to like it as well. :)

5. August 6, 2011 7:31 am

This is when I wish I had the patience to knit… your throw is simply gorgeous!
    LBC

• Maven permalink*
      August 6, 2011 4:32 pm

Thanks LBC! Yes, knitting a throw is an exercise in patience. ;)

1. Confetti Cake Throw | Every Free Knitting Pattern