How to Make Foil Tape Christmas Ornaments
We’ve used foil tape before for making greeting cards, and now it’s time to get that shiny roll of goodness out again to make some quick, easy and elegant Christmas ornaments.
What you’ll need to make some:
- clear Christmas balls, available at just about any craft store
- paper punches; I would suggest using cutters of the 3/4″ variety as they won’t crinkle at all or as much when put on the rounded surface of the ball and they aren’t as tedious to work with as smaller ones
- foil tape; you can find this in the heating department of your local big box store like Menards and Lowes and such
- boning tool, optional
What you’ll do:
- punch the shapes foil side up; I suggest foil side up because this will make it easier to get the back of the tape off, NOTE: Your paper punch may start to gunk up if you do a lot of these.
- apply the shapes to the ball
- burnish the foil shapes with your boning tool; this will not only get out any crinkles, but it’ll also make the tape shine
And that’s it! Merry Christmas all!!!